1. Stories must have a minimum length of 20,000 words. There is no maximum length.
2. Stories may be gen, het, slash.
3. The central story element must focus on Heroes characters or actors from Heroes if you are writing RPF. AUs and crossovers are permitted.
4. Stories may be posted to your own journal or site, a master list of links and summaries will be posted here at the community.
5. Stories may not be posted anywhere on the web, in whole or in part, before September 10. Posting to betas or regular small audiencing groups is excepted, but the idea is to keep the fics anonymous for the artists/vidders to select from, and fresh when first posted, so keep the numbers down.
6. All stories must be beta'd before final posting.
1. You must sign up by June 17.
2. In order to participate in Big Boom, you must have a first draft, summary, and final title completed and turned in (details on the how to will follow closer to the date) on August 1. This is required, so that we know you will finish before the artists/vidders begin their work.
3. August 2 - August 7, summaries of the fics will be posted as an anonymous list of prompts for artists/vidders to claim.
4. September 1, final drafts and final art/vids must be completed. Between September 2 and September 9, you will be given a coded link to your art.
5. Posting will begin September 10. We'd like to see the posting spread out over a period of two weeks - assuming we have enough fic - to give everyone time to read and appreciate the stories, which won't happen if they're posted en masse. But that means some people will be finished and unable to post for as long as two weeks after finishing.
Our current plan is to have a locked comm where authors will post their fic with link to art as soon as both are completed. We'll take the week between September 2 and September 9 to allow all of the participants (and mods!) to read and comment on the Big Boom fics and art, and then unlock the fic/art in groups of two-four per day until we run out.
How do you feel about this? Discuss in your signup comment below.
To sign up
Copy the coding from the block below, and paste it into a comment. Then fill out.
For example, your sign-up might look like:
LJ username: technosage
Author name: Allie
Email where we can reach you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just to get a sense of what you might write (this is NOT binding, but please speculate):
Will you write Heroes, RPF, or Heroes/....? crossover? Heroes/SPN crossover
Will you write gen, slash or het? Slash and het.
How do you feel about delayed posting to space out the fic, as explained in #5 above? It's a great idea! I think readers will appreciate not getting slammed with (hopefully!) bunches of long fic the same day.
In case you'd love to participate but don't have any ideas, visit our prompt post!
We know some people will sign-up and not be able to meet the deadline, or not be able to write 20K. That's okay! If they finish something later or shorter, there'll still be great fic to read. If you don't make the first draft deadline, the only thing that happens is you can't participate in the art/vid portion of Big Boom and you won't be part of the Official Big Boom master list/website posting or be able to post to this comm.
Sign up! Take a chance. You never know what you can accomplish if you try!
swiped with so much love from estrella30, audrarose and wendy over at spn_j2_bigbang and adapted for our purposes.
Thank you so much for participating!
technosage and linaerys
ETA: Sign-ups are now closed. Thank you for your interest! There will be a master list of writer participants and other Big Boom related posts soon.